Friday, July 10, 2015

Brendan DuBois

Brendan DuBois is the award-winning author of numerous novels and more than 120 short stories. His short stories have twice won him the Shamus Award from the Private Eye Writers of America, and have also earned him three Edgar Allan Poe Award nominations.

His latest Lewis Cole mystery is Blood Foam.

Late last month I asked DuBois about what he was reading. His reply:
At this point in time (Tuesday, June 23rd) I'm reading an autobiography, Bringing the Thunder: The Missions of a WWII B-29 Pilot in the Pacific by Gordon Bennett Robertson Jr. Er, and why is that? Well, I'm working on a rather lengthy short story (about 10,500 words right now) about a B-29 tail gunner in World War II, and I want to make sure I get the details right. A lot of time writers can get away with a little bit of surfing on Google, but to actually get the details of B-29s and their missions, I've had to order and read four autobiographies. No complaints here, I love reading history, and like I said, I wanted to get the details right.
Visit Brendan DuBois's website.

My Book, The Movie: Blood Foam.

--Marshal Zeringue