Friday, September 22, 2017

Dave Zeltserman

Jacob Stone is the byline chosen by award-winning author Dave Zeltserman for his new Morris Brick series of serial-killer thrillers. His crime, mystery and horror fiction has won top praise and has been translated into six languages.

His novels Small Crimes and Pariah were both named by the Washington Post as best books of the year. Small Crimes topped National Public Radio's list of best crime and mystery novels of 2008 and is being made into a feature film.

Stone's new novel is Crazed, the second Morris Black thriller.

Recently I asked Zeltserman about what he was reading. The author's reply:
I've been reading John Lutz's Quinn series out of order, and the last book I finished was the second book in this series, In for the Kill. Lutz has a breezy witty style, and he's a masterful crime thriller writer, and I'm reading these books both because they're a lot of fun, and also to study them. I think a lot of crime thriller writers could improve their craft studying Lutz.

Right now I'm about 50 pages from finishing up Loren Estleman's American Detective. Like Lutz, Estleman is a masterful writer, and I'm a big fan of both his Claudius Lyons Nero Wolfe pastiche stories and his Amos Walker PI novels. Also like Lutz, I read Estleman's books both because I enjoy the hell out of them and also to study his writing.

I've also got H. P. Lovecraft's complete works loaded on my kindle, and I've been working my way through it, and just finished The Shadow over Innsmouth, which is probably one of the better Lovecraft works.
Visit Dave Zeltserman's website.

My Book, The Movie: Crazed.

--Marshal Zeringue