Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Scott Reintgen

Scott Reintgen has spent his career as a teacher of English and creative writing in diverse urban communities in North Carolina. The hardest lesson he learned was that inspiration isn’t equally accessible for everyone. So he set out to write a novel for the front-row sleepers and back-row dreamers of his classrooms.

Reintgen's latest novel is Nyxia.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. His reply:
I’m always reading several books at a time. Right now, I’m halfway through Fool’s Quest by Robin Hobb. I’ll humble brag and say that I picked the series back up after sitting down for drinks with Robin and a handful of other authors at San Diego Comic Con. She is such a delight, and her writing always casts a spell over me. It’s such traditional fantasy, and follows a character in Fitz who we know is worth following.

I’m also reading Dear Martin by Nic Stone. It’s a brilliant and quick read about a young man wrestling with racial injustice by writing letters to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. It doesn’t release until October 17th, getting to read it early is just one of the many perks of being an author with Random House.

And last but not least, I’ve started edging my way (finally) into Ann Leckie’s Ancillary Justice. It’s received such praise and I’m eager to have time for it.
Visit Scott Reintgen's website.

The Page 69 Test: Nyxia.

--Marshal Zeringue