Thursday, November 16, 2017

Lynne Constantine

Lynne Constantine is part of the duo writing as Liv Constantine, author of The Last Mrs. Parrish: A Novel.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I usually have a few books going at a time: one or two non-fictions (one usually pertaining to writing craft), and a novel. Currently, I’m reading Emma in the Night, a psychological thriller written by Wendy Walker, an author who also lives in Connecticut. I enjoy reading fiction in all genres, but lately have focused more on psychological thrillers since that’s what I write. One reason is that I believe it’s important to know what others in your genre are writing. The other reason is that I’m I firm believer in supporting other authors. I met Wendy at a recent book event at the Northshire Bookstore in Vermont. After hearing about her pitch to the audience, I was sold as well. There were five other authors there and we all bought each other’s books. I have a special bookcase dedicated to books written by friends. Happily, that number grows every day, whether it’s authors I know from conferences, book signings, or have met through social media.

The Emotional Craft of Fiction by Donald Maass is the non-fiction book that is sitting on my desk now. I’ve heard Donald speak at conferences and have been impressed by his command of story and how to make the words convey feeling to the reader. This one I’m taking slow, savoring each chapter and letting the lessons resonate with me. My writing mentor used to joke that I have a book addiction, especially to craft books. I’m more selective these days, but I still can’t resist checking out a book whose title speaks to me.
Visit Liv Constantine's website and Lynne Constantine's website.

Coffee with a Canine: Lynne Constantine & Greyson.

--Marshal Zeringue