Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Valerie Constantine

Valerie Constantine is part of the duo writing as Liv Constantine, author of The Last Mrs. Parrish: A Novel.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I usually have a few books going at the same time and always make at least one of them non-fiction. I just finished Year of the Fat Night: The Falstaff Diaries by stage actor Antony Sher. It is the recounting of the year he spent preparing for the role of Falstaff for the stage production of Henry IV Parts I and 2 for the Royal Shakespeare Company at Stratford. These are two of my favorite Shakespeare plays, and I also had the chance to see Sher perform Falstaff in Part 2 last year, so that made the book even more enjoyable.

Also on my bed stand is Karin Slaughter’s newest release The Good Daughter. I’m half way through and, as always, impressed with her writing, her knowledge and her literary allusions. I think she is one of the finest authors writing in the thriller genre.

The other book, passed along to me by my husband, is Five Days in London: May 1940 by John Lukacs. This is an account of the days from May 24 to May 28, 1940 when the members of the British War Cabinet debated whether to negotiate with Hitler or to continue the war. The tense talks over these hours show a picture of a new and bull headed Prime Minister, Winston Churchill, whose courage and determination changed the course of history. I do love reading about men and women who have impacted our world so powerfully for good.
Visit Liv Constantine's website and Valerie Constantine's website.

Coffee with a Canine: Valerie Constantine & Zorba.

--Marshal Zeringue