Sunday, July 8, 2018

Gale Massey

Gale Massey lives in St. Petersburg, FL. Her stories have appeared in the Tampa Bay Times, Walking the Edge, Sabal, Seven Hills Press, and other journals. She has been the recipient of scholarships and fellowships at The Sewanee Writers’ Conference and Writers in Paradise, and has been nominated for a Pushcart Prize.

Massey's debut novel is The Girl From Blind River.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I was recently blown away by Jesmyn Ward’s Sing, Unburied, Sing. The tone and lyricism in her storytelling, the strength with which she takes on the truth of our country’s history of racism is urgent and spellbinding. Elizabeth Strout’s My Name is Lucy Barton is another recent favorite. Both the writers are speaking to the impact of poverty on families – a theme close to my heart.
Visit Gale Massey's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Girl From Blind River.

--Marshal Zeringue