Friday, July 20, 2018

Rob Hart

Rob Hart is the author of the Ash McKenna series which wraps up this month with Potter’s Field. Other entries include: New Yorked, which was nominated for an Anthony Award for Best First Novel, as well as City of Rose, South Village, and The Woman from Prague. He also co-wrote Scott Free with James Patterson.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. Hart's reply:
I recently finished There There by Tommy Orange, which is about a dozen Native Americans living in Oakland and converging on a powwow. Some of them are planning to rob it but it’s not a heist novel—it’s more about the Native American experience in this country, and it’s really thoughtful and beautifully-written and just slams you right in the heart.

I just started The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay. I read the first 150 pages before bed last night and then woke up at 2 in the morning after having a nightmare, so it’s pretty much exactly what you would expect from Tremblay. Tense, harrowing stuff.

I’ll go for the hat trick and tell you what I’m reading next, too: Hollywood Homicide by Kellye Garrett. It’s won a bunch of awards and I met Kellye and she was super cool so I’ve been meaning to get to it. I will never say no to a good PI novel.
Visit Rob Hart's website.

My Book, The Movie: Potter's Field.

The Page 69 Test: Potter's Field.

--Marshal Zeringue