Saturday, November 3, 2018

D.S. Butler

Born in Kent, D. S. Butler grew up as an avid reader with a love for crime fiction and mysteries. She has worked as a scientific officer in a hospital pathology laboratory and as a research scientist.

After obtaining a PhD in biochemistry, she worked at the University of Oxford for four years before moving to the Middle East.

Butler's new novel is Bring Them Home.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’ve just finished reading the first two books in the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. It’s unusual for me to pick up a fantasy book, but I’d heard such good things about the series. I didn’t want to put the books down. They are long, but I found them very fast paced. The story follows Kote, an inn keeper, who is more than he seems on the surface. Kote recounts his life story to a chronicler describing how he became a powerful wizard. I read the books quickly and loved Rothfuss’ writing style and vivid details, but now I join the huge number of people waiting for the third instalment to be released.

Crime fiction is my favourite genre to read. I like the clear line between right and wrong and the satisfaction of the bad guys getting punished, something that doesn’t always happen in real life. I’m a huge Peter James fan, and I’ve just started reading Absolute Proof, which is about finding proof of God’s existence. It’s a thriller and is very different to his police procedural series, but I’m already hooked.
Visit D.S. Butler's website.

My Book, The Movie: Bring Them Home.

The Page 69 Test: Bring Them Home.

--Marshal Zeringue