Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Phillip Margolin

Phillip Margolin has written over twenty novels, most of them New York Times bestsellers, including Gone But Not Forgotten, Lost Lake, and Violent Crimes. In addition to being a novelist, he was a long time criminal defense attorney with decades of trial experience, including a large number of capital cases.

Margolin's new novel is The Perfect Alibi, his second book in the series featuring Robin Lockwood, ex-MMA fighter and Yale law school graduate.

Recently I asked the author about what he was reading. Margolin's reply:
I am addicted to reading and I started reading several novels a week in elementary school. I don't limit myself to one genre so my choices are all over the place. Over ten years ago, I read Book One of Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes and really enjoyed it. For some reason, I never got around to reading Book Two. During a recent trip to Spain, I started feeling guilty and bought a new edition of the book. It is hilarious and not the least bit dated. I just finished rereading Book One and took a break to go on vacation, during which I read Heretic, the third book in Bernard Cornwell's Grail Trilogy. Cornwell is one of my favorite writers of historical novels. His Sharpe series is fantastic and Heretic and the other books in the trilogy were terrific. I love Agatha Christie but I've read almost all of her novels, so I recently switched to Dorothy Sayers. I finished my vacation reading with the 1935 Lord Peter Wimsey/ Harriet Vane novel Gaudy Night. I am halfway through and really enjoying it. When I finish I will go back to Book Two of Don Quixote, and I vow to finish it this time.
Visit Phillip Margolin's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: The Perfect Alibi.

--Marshal Zeringue