Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Samantha Downing

Samantha Downing currently lives in New Orleans, where she is furiously typing away on her next thrilling standalone.

My Lovely Wife is her first novel.

Recently I asked Downing about what she was reading. Her reply:
Right now I’m reading Milkman by Anna Burns, novel that recently won the Man Booker Prize. Immediately I was struck by the language, which both intrigued me and drew me in. The female narrator is eighteen years old and is dealing with unwanted advances from an older man. All women can identify with this at some level, especially at such a young age when you are insecure and unsure of how to handle the situation. This is an enlightening book on so many levels. I didn’t expect that and am delighted by it. I love being surprised by a book.
Visit Samantha Downing's website.

The Page 69 Test: My Lovely Wife.

--Marshal Zeringue