Sunday, March 10, 2019

Soraya M. Lane

Soraya M. Lane graduated with a law degree before realizing that law wasn't the career for her and that her future was in writing. She is the author of historical and contemporary women's fiction, and her novel Wives of War was an Amazon Charts bestseller.

Lane lives on a small farm in her native New Zealand with her husband, their two young sons and a collection of four legged friends. When she's not writing, she loves to be outside playing make-believe with her children or snuggled up inside reading.

Lane's new novel is The Spitfire Girls.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I have just finished reading The Beantown Girls by Jane Healey. Jane and I are both published by Lake Union (Amazon Publishing), and this book is fantastic, a really great historical women’s fiction read. I liked that it explored something very unique that women were part of during WWII, and I particularly loved the ending.

Right now I’m finishing judging published romance books for Romance Writer’s of America’s RITA award, so those titles are top secret, but next on my reading list for pleasure is Liane Moriarty’s Nine Perfect Strangers. Liane is one of my favourite authors, her books are very addictive, and she’s my go-author for a great vacation read.

I also have Lucinda Riley’s Seven Sisters series waiting to read - we’re heading away in April to Australia, so I’m going to be carrying a lot of paperbacks with me! Yes, I’m very old school, I read on my Kindle for non-fiction research and some reading, but nothing beats holding a paperback.
Visit Soraya Lane's website.

My Book, The Movie: The Spitfire Girls.

The Page 69 Test: The Spitfire Girls.

--Marshal Zeringue