Thursday, May 3, 2007

Julie Kistler

Julie Kistler is the author of 30 romance novels, most recently, Scandal.

She won the Madcap Award for the best romantic comedy of 2001 for Just a Little Fling and she was nominated for Romance Writers of America's Rita Award for Black Jack Brogan. Her 2004 novel Packing Heat was nominated for Romantic Times' Best Temptation of the Year.

I recently asked her what she was reading. Her reply:
Right now, I am reading:
*Jared Brown's Moss Hart: A Prince of the Theatre -- I am a theater critic in my spare time, and this is very well-written and illuminating, just an excellent bio

*Grace Tiffany's My Father Had a Daughter, a novel about Judith Shakespeare

*two mysteries -- Donna Andrews' Delete All Suspects and an oldie but a goodie, Elizabeth Peters' Trojan Gold

*a quartet of books I picked up at a writer's retreat a couple of weeks ago -- Michelle Celmer's Best Man's Conquest, Lisa Child's Persecuted, Dana Corbit's Flower Girl Bride, and Everyday Life in the 1800s by Marc McCutcheon.
Good stuff! I like to mix it up to keep myself entertained.
Kistler put Scandal to the Page 69 Test earlier this year.

Visit Julie Kistler's website.

--Marshal Zeringue