Saturday, May 19, 2012

S.G. Browne

S.G. Browne worked in Hollywood for several years before moving to Santa Cruz to be a writer. He currently lives and writes in San Francisco. His novels include Breathers: A Zombie's Lament.

His latest novel is Lucky Bastard.

Recently I asked Browne what he was reading.  His reply:
I recently finished The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt—a first-person POV tale narrated by Eli Sisters, one of a pair of gunslinger brothers who are hired to kill a prospector during the California gold rush.

I don’t tend to read a lot of historical fiction or have any on my to-be-read pile, but this one came highly recommended and it didn’t disappoint. Solid writing and great characters with a voice that was pitch-perfect. Plus I have a soft spot for stories told by flawed characters or stories with an antagonist as protagonist, so this one landed right in my wheelhouse.
Visit S.G. Browne's website and blog.

The Page 69 Test: Breathers: A Zombie's Lament.

The Page 69 Test: Lucky Bastard.

--Marshal Zeringue