Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Yvonne Georgina Puig

Yvonne Georgina Puig grew up in Houston, Texas. She currently lives in Santa Monica, California with her husband, Toben Seymour.

Her new novel is A Wife of Noble Character.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I'm currently reading a book published in 1955 called Hinds Feet on High Places, by Hannah Hurnard. It's a Christian allegory. My mother-in-law, who I much admire, recommended it to me. It's the story of a girl named Much-Afraid who in her journey to the "high places," must overcome her no-good relatives Bitterness, Self-Pity, Resentment, and Pride. I'm only half way through the book, but right now she's in the Forest of Danger and Tribulation, and in order to survive and get to the other side of the forest, she must hold on tight to the hands of her two companions Sorrow and Suffering. I'm really enjoying it. The story is Christian, but it's also universal in describing the soul and the journey every soul/psyche has to take for real growth and strength and healing.
Visit Yvonne Georgina Puig's website.

My Book, The Movie: A Wife of Noble Character.

--Marshal Zeringue