Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Beth McMullen

Beth McMullen graduated from Boston University with a degree in English Literature and received an MLS from Long Island University. After landing a gig with Reader’s Digest, she eventually realized she’d rather write books than condense them.

Her latest book is Spy Mom.

A few weeks ago I asked McMullen what she was reading.  Her reply:
Right now I’m reading Murder is a Family Business, by Heather Haven. I met Heather last year when we were on a panel together for LitQuake in San Francisco and she was so funny in person, I had to get her book!

It’s a breezy read, with an intriguing main character and secondary characters who are quirky enough to hold my attention. The book takes place in Palo Alto, CA and San Francisco, both places where I’ve spent a lot of time so it’s fun to read about them. The author does a good job establishing place so even if you have never visited, you’ll get a feel for how they really are.

Plus there’s a cute kitten involved and who can resist that? I’m about half way through the novel and am looking forward to seeing how it turns out!
Visit Beth McMullen's website and Facebook page.

The Page 69 Test: Spy Mom.

My Book, The Movie: Spy Mom.

--Marshal Zeringue