Friday, August 3, 2018

Danielle Girard

Danielle Girard is the author of Chasing Darkness, The Rookie Club series, and Exhume and Excise, featuring San Francisco medical examiner Dr. Annabelle Schwartzman. Girard’s books have won the Barry Award and the RT Reviewers’ Choice Award, and two of her titles have been optioned for movies.

A graduate of Cornell University, Girard received her MFA at Queens University in Charlotte, North Carolina. She, her husband, and their two children split their time between San Francisco and the Northern Rockies.

Girard's new novel is Expose.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
To be a good writer, you must be a good reader. Someone really smart said that. (I think it was Stephen King.) I love to read and I do it as much as possible between my own writing and life with a family. So far this year, I’ve read about 50 books, almost exclusively fiction. (I find reality either utterly boring or truly terrifying.)

My taste in fiction runs across genres and styles. I’ve usually got a few books going at once—some I’ll read and others I’ll listen too. In suspense, I just finished AJ Finn’s The Woman in the Window and Shari Lapena’s The Couple Next Door. Both are fast and thrilling. Lee Goldberg’s True Fiction is hilarious. On Audible, I’m currently listening to Pachinko by Min Jin Lee, a saga about four generations of a poor Korean family living in exile in Japan. I also recently listened to Behold the Dreamers, by Imbolo Mbue, which was heart-wrenching and wonderful.
Visit Danielle Girard's website.

My Book, The Movie: Expose.

--Marshal Zeringue