Monday, December 24, 2018

Ann Howard Creel

Ann Howard Creel writes historical novels about strong female characters facing seemingly impossible obstacles and having to make life-changing decisions. In her new novel, The River Widow, a former tarot-card reader turned widow and stepmother must escape the clutches of an evil family while also facing the crime she herself has committed.

Recently I asked Creel about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’ve recently discovered the writing of Megan Chance. Chance’s latest books are works of historical fiction with elements of the paranormal. Normally I’m not a fan of the paranormal in novels, but Chance’s writing is so strong I’m immediately pulled in as soon as I start reading.

My first Chance novel was A Drop of Ink, which features awesome historical atmosphere and tells a tale of misguided love. I’ve also read The Visitant, a novel I’ve recommended to anyone who likes a good ghost story. The story isn’t scary, just intriguing, and the threads of a love story are there, too. My next Chance read will be Bone River.
Visit Ann Howard Creel's website.

The Page 69 Test: The River Widow.

--Marshal Zeringue