Saturday, December 8, 2018

G.A. McKevett

Since publication of her first novel in 1986, Sonja Massie has authored more than 60 published works, including the highly popular and critically acclaimed Savannah Reid Mysteries under the pseudonym G.A. McKevett.

Her new novel is Murder in Her Stocking.

Recently I asked McKevett about what she was reading. Her reply:
At the moment, I’m reading two books, one for entertainment and the other for self-improvement. The entertaining one is a novel, Deadly Focus, written by a dear, longtime friend of mine, Sue Hinkin. She has been writing quality fiction for decades, but has only now been published. One of the most determined and dedicated artists I’ve ever known, Sue has inspired everyone in her realm, and we all knew it was simply a matter of time until the world discovered and began to enjoy her writing, as we have for years. I’m so proud of her and happy for her. If you like gritty, suspenseful, fast-paced stories with rich, relatable characters, I highly recommend this book and the others Sue will be releasing soon.

The second book I’m reading, The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer, was recommended to me by another precious friend, Holly Foster Wells, when I was griping to her recently about the “chattering monkeys” raging inside my head. The nasty little beggars refuse to give me a moment’s rest! Lately, I’ve experienced some lifechanging events that require a lot of decision making on my part. As I try to remain cool, calm, and collected, debate the pros and cons of the situation, and figure out which paths to take, these obnoxious critters—whom I’ve named Alarmist Agatha, Downer Delilah, Nervous Nadine, and Furious Frieda—natter back and forth between my ears, driving me to distraction. It’s been quite a challenge, trying to make logical choices with these drama queens screaming their emotional nonsense at me and each other, day and night. I’m halfway through this wise, easy to read, enlightening book, and I do believe it’s changing my life. How lovely it will be when I can learn to ignore these melodramatic ninnies!
Visit G.A. McKevett's website.

My Book, The Movie: Murder in Her Stocking.

The Page 69 Test: Murder in Her Stocking.

--Marshal Zeringue