Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Debra H. Goldstein

Debra H. Goldstein is the author of Kensington’s new Sarah Blair cozy mystery series, which debuts with One Taste Too Many on December 18, 2018. She also wrote Should Have Played Poker and 2012 IPPY Award winning Maze in Blue. Her short stories, including Anthony and Agatha nominated “The Night They Burned Ms. Dixie’s Place,” have appeared in numerous periodicals and anthologies including Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine, Black Cat Mystery Magazine, and Mystery Weekly.

Recently I asked Goldstein about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’m an eclectic reader, but my favorites are mysteries and biographies. Recently, I read Sally Field’s In Pieces, which tells the story of her childhood, acting roles, and relationships. Because of my fascination with the evolution of her acting career from Gidget and The Flying Nun to her Academy and Emmy Award winning roles in Norma Rae, Places in the Heart and Sybil.

For a more humorous relaxing read, I’m mid-way through Midnight Snacks are Murder, the second Poppy McAllister mystery by Libby Klein. Although I read many literary and mysteries written by well-established authors, I love finding new ones. Libby is one of those. I read her first mystery, Class Reunions are Murder, and immediately ordered the second book before it was released. She writes a book that reads quickly, is well plotted, and is fun – what I try to employ in my own writing.
Visit Debra H. Goldstein's website.

The Page 69 Test: One Taste Too Many.

My Book, The Movie: One Taste Too Many.

--Marshal Zeringue