Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cindy Callaghan

Cindy Callaghan grew up in New Jersey and attended college at the University of Southern California before earning her BA in English and French, and MBA from the University of Delaware.

She is the author of Just Add Magic (2010), Lost in London (2013), Lucky Me (2014), Lost in Paris (2015), and Lost in Rome (2015).

Recently I asked Callaghan about what she was reading. Her reply:
I always have several books going at one time and in different formats. The pile on my nightstand has three James Patterson paperbacks, a few writing craft books, and a book of crochet patterns. I read a Patterson book on the beach every summer and I’m always flipping through a writing book, although Stephen King’s On Writing is my favorite. On my Kindle I’m reading the most recent Grisham and Connelly books. Suspense thrillers are my favorite genre. They are really what got me into writing seriously. Oh, and in my car I’m listening to the Serial podcast. At the same time, I try to keep on middle grade novels, specifically other Aladdin Mix titles such as: At Your Service (Jen Malone) and Breaking the Ice (Gail Nall). I love a girly book that’s fun and adventurous. Aladdin Mix does a really good job at that.
Visit Cindy Callaghan's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

--Marshal Zeringue