Thursday, March 12, 2015

Stacey Ballis

Stacey Ballis is the author of several foodie novels, including: Inappropriate Men, Sleeping Over, Room for Improvement, The Spinster Sisters, Good Enough to Eat, Off the Menu, Out to Lunch, and Recipe for Disaster. She is also a contributing author to three nonfiction anthologies: Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys, Everything I Needed to Know About Being a Girl I Learned from Judy Blume, and Living Jewishly.

Recently I asked Ballis about what she was reading. Her reply:
I’ve always got about three books going at any one time, usually one classic that I am working my way through, one piece of food writing or a cookbook, and a novel. At the moment I am giving Anna Karenina another shot, having tried and failed not only in high school and college, but in grad school as well. I’m determined to finish it this time!

I’m reading a massive Pastry Design book written for people in pastry school, since my new novel stars a pastry chef.

And I just got an advanced copy of Inside the O’Briens by Lisa Genova, who wrote the book Still Alice that the movie was based upon, and I am loving it so far. She’s a wonderful honest writer, and the creation of her world is effortless.
Visit Stacey Ballis's website.

--Marshal Zeringue