Monday, March 16, 2015

Eileen Cook

Eileen Cook is a multi-published author with her novels appearing in eight different languages. Her books have been optioned for film and TV. She spent most of her teen years wishing she were someone else or somewhere else, which is great training for a writer.

Cook's latest novel is Remember.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
I am one of those people who is constantly surrounded by books and I read a bit of everything. Most recently I had the opportunity to read an advance copy of Lola Carlyle's 12-Step Romance by Danielle Younge-Ullman. I picked it up as I’d been asked by the editor to read it. What I really enjoyed was the balance the book found between being light and funny (there are several laugh out loud moments. If you don’t snort some Diet Coke out of your nose when you read it- you aren’t trying) and also real gut checking emotions. It doesn’t come out until May- but be sure to keep your eyes peeled for it.

The other book I just finished (that couldn’t be more different from the one above if it tried) was The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. This is one of those thrillers that everyone was talking about and I didn’t want to be left out. Ever since Gone Girl I’ve fallen in love with unreliable narrators. When you aren’t sure if you can trust the person telling the story it lets you play at trying to figure out what is really going on. When an author is really good they’re able to turn the story on you as the reader and there are few things more satisfying then the sense that you never saw a twist coming, but now that it happened, you wonder how you missed it.
Visit Eileen Cook's website, Facebook page, and Twitter perch.

Coffee with a Canine: Eileen Cook & Cairo.

The Page 69 Test: Remember.

My Book, The Movie: Remember.

--Marshal Zeringue