Friday, May 29, 2015

Kristy Woodson Harvey

Kristy Woodson Harvey holds a degree in journalism and mass communications from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a master’s in English from East Carolina University.

Her debut novel is Dear Carolina.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Her reply:
A few days ago, I had the pleasure of doing a joint signing with Natasha Boyd, an internationally beloved writer of escapism that is particularly fabulous! I met Natasha at a writing conference, and we became fast friends. And she is the perfect person to do a book event with because her South African accent is so fabulous that everyone wants to listen to her all night! I flew through her first two books, Eversea and Forever Jack. So, now, I picked up her latest, Deep Blue Eternity, and know it will be as wonderful as her first two! A couple of chapters in, I can already tell that this novel is shrouded in mystery. Natasha has a great way of intertwining romance with keep-you-on-your-toes plots. This one is no different!

I also just started Sonja Yoerg’s House Broken and am captivated already by this story of family dynamics, a topic that is also very prevalent in Dear Carolina. Sonja is in a group with me called the Tall Poppy Writers, and she is such a supportive friend, always full of advice and the first person to share her knowledge. House Broken is Yoerg’s very successful debut novel, and, though I’m not even finished yet, I’m already eagerly anticipating her next, The Middle of Somewhere!
Visit Kristy Woodson Harvey's website.

My Book, The Movie: Dear Carolina.

--Marshal Zeringue