Monday, May 4, 2015

Tina Connolly

Tina Connolly is the author of the Ironskin trilogy from Tor Books, and the Seriously Wicked series, from Tor Teen. Ironskin, her first fantasy novel, was a Nebula finalist.

Her new book is Seriously Wicked.

Recently I asked the author about what she was reading. Connolly's reply:
I'm in the middle of working on the second book in the Seriously series, and I have a hard time reading novels when I'm in first draft mode. However, I recently went to two book readings at Powell's and so I have two novels on my nightstand I'm really looking forward to – Randy Henderson's funny Finn Fancy Necromancy, and Brenda Cooper's nearish space opera Edge of Dark.

I did manage to finish a couple novels last month – a friend lent me Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl and yeah, it was great twisty fun. And then I read Karen Joy Fowler's We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, which was on the Booker shortlist last year, and it was amazing. I don't want to say too much about it, because it's got its own twists, but it's all about family and animal rights and old lies and my friends and I all agreed that we loved it. Highly recommended.
Visit Tina Connolly's website, blog, and Twitter perch.

My Book, The Movie: Copperhead.

The Page 69 Test: Copperhead.

The Page 69 Test: Silverblind.

My Book, The Movie: Silverblind.

My Book, The Movie: Seriously Wicked.

--Marshal Zeringue